Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Football 2008










So last Thursday was the end of football for me at BYU-Idaho. It was bittersweet. I've made some great guy friends over the past 3 years being a trainer. This year has been probably the most fun. There is nothing like being able to watch the game from right up in front of the team itself. This year sadly there werent any great injuries on the field like the past two years. I remember my first semester as a "Head Trainer" and first football game I was covering, a guy broke and dislocated his ankle. It wwas probably the best injury I have ever seen. I've seen broken arm, dislocted elbows, plenty of sprained ankles, jammed fingers, and all that fun stuff. Oh yea and some good knee injuries. One I saw last year was a PCL tear. It was pretty sweet and the first and only I have ever seen. After being taught all the tests I have learned to test the knee, it was cool to do the test and then later find out I was right. I mean I had felt ACL, MCL, LCL and menicus tears before but the PCL is so uncommon. When I did the test it just went. I then was able to help hime with rehab. Thats part of what I like the best. I love the rush of helping the injury when it occurs. To be the first on the field. But I also love the rehab aspect as well. To watch that injury heal because of my help. Thats why I want to really start looking into getting my Masters in Athletic Training.

No comments: