Monday, March 2, 2009

Catching up on Winter 2009

Ok so it has been forever since I have blogged. There are so many things that have happened since I last blogged. Ok lets start out with the beginning of January.


On my way up to campus the first week of school before school started I was just listening to my music and getting off the highway to the 1st Rexburg exit. I was listening to the song by Rascal Flatts "Skin" at the time. As I was getting off of course it was snowing! (PS I dont reallly like snow espically when they don't know how to remove it from the roads like in Rexburg Idaho) I noticed the big red truck in front of me start to fishtail and knew I was screwed!!! I kept trying to slow down and just slid. I turned my wheel and took out the front right end of my car. The hood was crunched, light was smashed and cracked the grill. Some how magicly did not bend the fram at all. Also there was no damage to the other guys truck at all. He asked me where I had even hit his truck. He wanted to just exchange information but I knew with the damage I had done to my car I needed to call the cops. There was an accident right in front of us but lucky they were both small cars and did not much damage to their cars. I was a MESS!! It was my first real accident and was terriffied that I totalled my car and had no clue what I was going to do. When the cop got there he was mean to me. I got a nasty $75 speeding ticket on a road that didnt even have a speed limit. GAY!! I sucked it up and payed it. I was so happy that I still had full coverage on my car. It saved my life. The total damage of my car came to $2,500. Luckily I also took the car to a shop that my sister has been going to for years. My deductible is $250 but they were able to save me money and only charged me $100. Now my car is looking prettier. Sadly I didnt get any pictures of what the car looked like when I crashed it. I know that day that my head was not fully clear. I was thinking about work and my mom (which listening to "Skin" made me think about her more)


That brings me into the next little part of what is going on in my life. Right after Christmas we got the results back from my Mom's full body scan. The came back that they could not rule out that cancer had spread from her thyroid to her lymphnodes. The next week to say the least the family was very on edge. Mom called the doctor and set up an appointment to see him. We got the test results on December 29th and she wasn't going to see the doctor until January 7th. For all of us this seemed so far away. As soon as we heard the news we decided that we needed family pictures because it had been a long time since we have taken one and everyone was leaving soon for school and Dad was leaving for Canada. Bonnie called around a few places and found a photographer that would squeeze us in last minute. All 13 of us!! The pictures came out beautiful and the photographer was amazing!!! Mikey has an issue with smiling and so she threatened to kiss him. He didn't believe her and so she kissed him on the cheek and he went bright red. She told him that if he didn't smile next time that she would kiss him on the lips! He smiled for every other picture. This is one of my favorite pictures from the shoot. It is Jeanne's pregnancy picture. She looks amazing at 8 months pregnant. I am jealous. Mom was so happy that we were all able to get together and take professional pictures for her. It was nice to bring a smile to her face and for a few hours not dwell on what was happening and waiting for the doctors appointment.
The semester started and we went to Mom's appointment. The hospital had messed up her tests so she had actually only gotten the results back for one of the tests and not both of them. The doctor wanted to redo the test and make sure that they both came back positive. Hoping that the second test would cancle out the first one saying her cancer was in remission. Her doctors appointment was on the first day of classes. Talk about a stressful day to start school. I remember running into a teacher that I had had in the fall. It was a few hours until Mom's appointment and I was a lot more than stressed. It was about all I could think about. I had just ran into a friend who knew a little of what was going on and we had talked a bit. So at this point my emotions were on edge. My teacher decided to ask me what was going on in my life at the moment and how my vacation was. I was honest and said it was really stressful. He asked if I had broken up with my boyfriend. BIG MISTAKE!! Little did he know how on edge I was. I kinda snapped at him. I was like "why does everyone here assume when a girl is stressed out it has to do with a boy!!! I have many more important things in my life and am not dating anyone at the moment!" Then he asked what was wrong and I told him what was going on with my mom and how her doctors appointment was that day. He appologized and told me if there was anything he could do just to let him know. I felt bad for letting him have it but at that time I just couldn't hold it in any more. I had to let it out and he was the wrong person at the wrong time.
Luckily we found out in the middle of February that her cancer is in Remission!!!!! It was the best word I could ever hear. I don't know what I would do without my Mom!
Ok so there are many more things I need to update on like school, my roommates, and my internship. I will be back soon to update more but it is now about 2 am and I have class at 7:45 so I should of been in bed a long time ago! :)~ I suppose that's where I should head now.

2 comments:

Kate said...

What a post! I'm so sorry to hear about the hard things you have been going through lately! Car accidents are really scary, and I feel terrible that I had no idea what was going on with your mom. How devestating! I'm so glad that her cancer is in remission, and I completely understand how you would be on edge! I hope that this semester is going smoothly for you!

crosshairly said...

yay for REMISSION and let's not ever have such a stressful holiday season again.. most people are stressed about their credit card bills.. i would prefer that! thanks for the pic :)