Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Almost There!!!!

I am so excited that I have only 3 weeks left in this semester almost exactly to the day!!!! I can't wait to start my internship this summer. I found an internship in Rhode Island at Northeast Sports training. Its a combination of everything I want to do. They work with high school, college and professional athletes. They work on strength and conditioning, physical therapy and also athletic training. One of the professional teams that I will be working with is the Providence Bruins hockey team. I am wicked excited because I have never worked with hockey before. I think it will be a lot of fun and I will get to learn a lot. I don't understand as much about hockey as I do basketball, football and baseball. I will also get to work in the clinic, and in the field. I can't wait to start May 11th.

Reason I am happy to go back East
  • I also am wicked excited to see the ocean again. I am having massive withdrawls. I have sounds of the ocean on my computer and my background is also the ocean.
  • I am excited to be able to have Del's lemonade. I love frozen lemonade in the summer especially at sporting events.
  • I can't wait to see POP and Gram!!! I love those two so much and am happy to be able to spend more time with them.
  • I get to see trees again!! I love trees. I know it seems silly but you don't miss something until it is gone.
  • Clam cakes & Chowda!!
  • Iggy's doughboys! Working at Top of the Bay we are always able to get free doughboys from the owner of Iggy's. He just will drop a bunch off in the kitchen for us.
  • Fish & chips. I am not a huge seafood person but again since I can't have it I think I am craving it more.
  • My SABW!!!!! More than anything I can't wait to see my girls. They are the best!!! They are always there for me no matter what!! I am sad that Kristen was here for only a short period of time. I didn't want to let her leave yesterday!
  • Be able to watch y sports teams on TV with other people who enjoy them. Go anywhere during baseball season and if they Sox are playing they will be on TV. I love how everyone else is into sports like me! It is nice going to friends houses knowing that if I missed part of the game I will be able to be caught up or Kristen's parents will fill me in on what is going on.
  • Going to a Red Sox game this summer!!! Kristen and her parents have already promised me tickets to TWO Red Sox games! I am the happiest person alive. Last summer I wasn't able to have a chance to go.

Well I better get to class again so these 3 weeks can be done!!! Hope you enjoyed! :)

3 comments:

Kate said...

I remember feeling the exact same way! It's exciting when it starts warming up, you know the semester is almost over, and you have a lot to look forward to! Studying suddenly gets really hard.... :) Good luck with these last three weeks!

April said...

Missing RI... me too. Those are some great things to be looking foreward to.
This summer we are going to be living in Chicago. I have loved living around the country, but my favorite place is RI in our Warwick ward.
Love you!

La Familia Rivas said...

I am sad you don't have a list of things you will miss in Idaho! How about your family, niece and nephew. You are so excited to leave here you never even visit anymore. SAD! We will miss you.